Content for NS record is invalid. NS records at the apex must not overwrite assigned nameservers. (Code: 9221)

I have 2 NS records in my DNS settings for 2 of my websites which point to Cloudflare. see the Image below.
i.e.
NS synergyhypnotherapymelbourne.com.au sofia.ns.cloudflare.com DNS only 1 day

I was writing comments on each entry to identify why the record was there but when I hit save I get the following error message.

“Content for NS record is invalid. NS records at the apex must not overwrite assigned nameservers. (Code: 9221)”

I use a separate domain registrar so I use these name servers on their servers to point my URLs to Cloudflare.

Does this mean that I shouldn’t have the NS records in my DNS settings in Cloudflare?

Correct, you don’t need to create the NS records as Cloudflare takes care of that automatically. Delete those entries.

It’s strange I don’t remember putting them in so I don’t know how they got there because you cannot add them manually. Unless they were imported from my old DNS service.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.