Connectivity Issues with Cloudflare WARP: Disconnects and Reconnections

When enabling Cloudflare WARP in Gateway with WARP mode in a laptop Wi-Fi environment where Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter is present, everything may seem fine for a while. However, after a few seconds, WARP disconnects, and both the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter and Cloudflare WARP network adapter may disappear.

After some time, each network adapter may reappear and go through cycles of connecting and disconnecting repeatedly. Disabling the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter and then enabling Cloudflare WARP seems to resolve the issue of erratic connections and disconnections.

Similar issues have been reported previously, suggesting fixes through updates or configuration adjustments, but these solutions didn’t work in my case.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues in environments where the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter is enabled? Is there a fundamental setting causing these issues? Please refer to the linked video demonstrating the problem for further context.

CloudflareWarp_ConnectandDisConnectLoop

Hi there,

Check here:

Take care.

Thank You for the Reply

Since I’m based in Japan, I don’t think this issue applies to my environment.