Connectivity Issue with Cloudflare WARP and Local DNS - Seeking Community Assistance

Dear Cloudflare Community,

I trust this message finds you well. I am reaching out to share an issue I’ve encountered while attempting to connect to Cloudflare WARP using the local DNS provided by the application.

In my initial configuration, I’ve noticed that the assigned DNS on my system are 127.0.2.2 and 127.0.2.3. Regrettably, connection attempts using these settings have been unsuccessful.

As a temporary workaround, I had to make a configuration adjustment using the following DNS: 1.1.1.1 and 127.0.2.3. This allows me to establish the connection only in “gateway with DoH” mode.

My primary goal is to utilize the local DNS provided by the application (127.0.2.2 and 127.0.2.3) without requiring this additional configuration change.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or insights from the community in resolving this issue. I have reviewed the available documentation without success and believe that the collective knowledge here might offer valuable guidance.

Additional information about my setup:

• Operating System: Windows 11
  • Cloudflare WARP Version: 2023.12.3.0

Thank you for your attention and any help you can provide in addressing this matter. I am available to provide further details as needed.

Best regards,
Sergi Alarcon Recio

How is your Zero Trust configured exactly? And by exactly I mean exactly. What works and what doesn’t? With specific examples and outputs?

How did you configure those DNS settings in Warp?

I have followed the guidelines outlined in the following link: https://community.cloudflare.com/t/zero-trust-connected-but-the-dns-server-127-0-2-2-cant-work/490370.

Why is your network settings configured to use the 127 addresses? And what do the client logs say?