Connectivity Issue with Cloudflare IPs from Specific ISP

Hello Cloudflare Community,

I’m reaching out for help with a connectivity issue I’m facing, which seems to be between my local ISP and Cloudflare’s IP addresses, particularly when accessing my website. I’m hoping to get insights or assistance from the community or Cloudflare staff.

Issue Description:

• I am unable to access my website, which uses Cloudflare, from my country’s ISP. However, the site is accessible when using a different ISP or VPN.
  • This leads me to believe the problem lies in the connection pathway between my ISP and Cloudflare, and not with my website’s server.

Diagnostic Steps:

• I ran a tracert to Cloudflare’s IP (172.67.198.250) associated with my site.
  • The traceroute shows a consistent timeout after reaching ``TELECOM-EGY.edge4.Marseille1.Level3. net [212.133.4.230].
  • Here are the results:

Tracing route to 172.67.198.250 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 * * * Request timed out.
2 41 ms 17 ms 22 ms 192.168.1.1
3 13 ms 6 ms 10 ms 10.53.0.1
4 8 ms 5 ms 7 ms 10.38.83.109
5 23 ms 23 ms 25 ms 10.38.83.110
6 10 ms 15 ms 17 ms 10.45.28.77
7 61 ms 22 ms 51 ms TELECOM-EGY.edge4.Marseille1.Level3.net [212.133.4.230]
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

**Seeking Help:**
I am wondering if anyone here has experienced something similar or could offer insights. Specifically, I'd like to know:

1. If there are known issues or ongoing maintenance that could affect connectivity between certain ISPs and Cloudflare IPs?
2. Any suggestions on how to approach or resolve this issue?

**Additional Context:**
- The issue is consistent across different times.
- It resolves with alternative ISPs or VPN.
- There haven't been recent changes to my site or server configurations.

Any guidance or suggestions from the community or Cloudflare representatives would be immensely helpful. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!

Can you elaborate on where you see these issues?

1. What ISP / provider, preferably their AS number?
    The AS number can be found here:
  1. What country (and preferably state/region)?

This information (especially the AS number) would be essential for Cloudflare (and/or any other network) in order to be able to dig further in to such issues.

Hi,
thank you for your response !
here is what you asked me for :

Vodafone Egypt (AS36935)

Egypt - Dakahlia Governorate

It seems like they (Vodafone Egypt) have blocked the Cloudflare IP address you mention, which would be the explanation to why you are not able to reach Cloudflare from their network.

You will need to contact Vodafone Egypt for further assistance, such as e.g. by asking them to remove their filters for the IP address(es) you’re seeing problems with.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.