Connection Timeout - Error 524, can we change the default 100 seconds value

My origin need to talk to back-end B2B server which requires more than 100 seconds to complete transaction and return http response. Can I change the default value of 100 seconds set by Cloudflare to avoid 524 error? If yes how? Thanks…

I am afraid you cant.

Thanks Sandro.

Cloudflare Support document provide the solution by migrating the long-running process to another subdomain that is not managed by Cloudflare:

Migrate long-running processes

If you regularly run HTTP requests that take over 100 seconds to complete (for example large data exports), consider moving those long-running processes to a subdomain that is not proxied by Cloudflare. That subdomain would have the orange cloud icon toggled to grey in the Cloudflare DNS Settings . Note that you cannot use a Page Rule to circumvent Error 524.

Just do not really clear how to go about doing it…

You simply unproxy your DNS record by switching to :grey: as the documentation suggested. Keep in mind, this will reveal your origin’s address (should that be of concern).

Thanks Sandro…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.