Connection Timed Out 522 (need to change IP address)

Hello. I just received a “Connection times out” error with host - 522. I spoke with my host’s (Siteground) tech support and they said that there’s a new IP address on their server that I need to give to Cloudflare. Its {Redacted}

Please advise on how this can be fixed.

Thanks so much. :wink:

Patrice

To update the IP address of your host server on Cloudflare, you’ll need to edit your DNS settings. Here’s how to do it:

1. Log into your Cloudflare account.
  2. Select the appropriate domain.
  3. Go to the DNS tab.
  4. Find the A record that points to your old IP address and click on the edit button.
  5. Replace the old IP address with your new one from your hosting provider and save changes.

Please note that DNS propagation can take up to 24 hours but typically occurs much sooner.

Thanks so much.
Under the DNS tab for my site are 5, A records each pointing to my old IP address. Do I edit all 5? They are autoconfig, ftp, webmail, autodiscover, and shamans of rock n roll.com
Thanks for clarifying. :wink:

1 Like

Yes, you should the old IP address is no longer correct/valid. I’d start with the one named shamans-of-rock-and-roll.com to ensure it’s working and then update the others. You should check along the way to make sure the new config works as you expect.

Let us know how it works out.

Thanks so much. Everything seems to be AOK. Take care.

Patrice

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.