Connection not private

Answer these questions to help the Community help you with Security questions.

What is the domain name?

Have you searched for an answer?
Yes

Please share your search results url:
I already closed it out

When you tested your domain, what were the results?
I have no idea what that means

Describe the issue you are having:
Website visitors are getting a “Connection is not private” message that continues: "This website may be impersonating “caitdonovan.com” to steal your personal or financial information. You should close this page.

What can I do (please tell me as if I’m a 7 year old - I tried to read the help articles, but I don’t understand any of the language).

What error message or number are you receiving?

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare?

What are the steps to reproduce the error:

Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode?

Please attach a screenshot of the error:

Hi,

May I ask do you get this error/message on which browser?

I suggest try clearing your Web browser cache, or DNS cache by restarting your router, or try accessing your Website using another Web browser or even a private Window, or via a VPN connection, if possible, to see if you get the same error.

I believe it has to be related to the HTTPS connection with your Website which, hopefully, is using Cloudflare and is being :orange: cloud (proxied).

Therefore, you would have to have a valid SSL certificate which covers both your non-www and www domain (and some other potentially), kindly check the SSL/TLS tab at Cloudflare dashboard for which option have you got selected there as it should be Full (Strict) SSL.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.