Connecting flutter app with cloudflare

I’m building an app written in Dart/Flutter The main part of the app is that users upload videos and other people watch it like tiktok. Now I wanted to use Blackblaze as storage and Cloudflare as CDN for cost reasons. The question I have is: I would like to use the Free Plan, is that even possible? If so I have to specify a URL in Cloudflare, the problem with that is it’s a Flutter app that doesn’t have a domain like a website after all. I don’t quite understand how to solve this?

I am afraid you might have few issues here:

1. Be in violation of the ToS 2.8 section
  2. If users are going to upload files larger than 100MB, per default, you are allowed to upload 100MB for proxied :orange: hostname (DNS record) in a single request.
  3. Users are going to watch videos → video hosting platform → how much of data per month are you expecting to have due to it?

Cloudflare limits the upload size (HTTP POST request size) per plan type:

• 100MB Free and Pro
  • 200MB Business
  • 500MB Enterprise by default. Contact Customer Support to request a limit increase.

Source article:

Otherwise, if you are on Business or Enterprise plan, you can increase this (Business up to 200MB and Enterprise 500MB or larger upon request) and upload larger files.

I’d suggest you to either use Cloudflare Stream, or continue using unproxied :grey: (DNS-only) hostname (DNS record) when you are uploading such large files.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.