Connecting cpanel webmail to gmail

Hi, I’m trying to connect my gmail account to my cpanel e-mail account but somehow am unable to, I was wondering if the SSL or cloudflare firewall somehow could be in the way for not allowing me to connect the two?

There was a problem connecting to mail.example.com
Server returned error: “Connection timed out: There may be a problem with the settings you added. Please contact your other email provider to verify the correct server name and port.”

The details I filled in are correct. I’m a bit at loss.

Hi @eid.ot.evil,

I would start with Troubleshooting Email Delivery Issues when using Cloudflare.

Also, can you share your domain name?

Domain is fantom-g.host, I’ve set up an a record with “mail.fantom-g.host” (dns only) and mx record to direct e-mails through mail.fantom-g.host, my mail is working fine, just can’t seem to connect the two and was wondering if it had anything to do with cloudflare being in the middle and the SSL certificate cloudflare issues?!

The mail setup looks OK to me and if you are specifying mail.fantom-g.host in Gmail, there shouldn’t be an issue with Cloudflare as that is set to DNS only (:grey:).

I have seen it in the past where a webhost has given a different server name, not on your own domain, that should be specified. Have you checked the configuration with them?

I have my own dedicated server, this is my main domain on my WHM… If that’s not what you mean please elaborate…

I don’t think this is an issue on Cloudflare’s side. As you are specifying an unproxied (:grey:) server name, Cloudflare is only providing DNS to your site. I think you will probably need to contact your host to check the configuration.

Ugh… I am my own host :frowning:

Thanks anyway, I’ll try contacting cpanel support to find a solution. It just takes up a bit more time.

Ah, that may be tricky then!

To confirm if it is a Cloudflare issue, you can pause Cloudflare on the site and try again.

You can pause Cloudflare from the Overview tab of the Cloudflare Dashboard, bottom right under Advanced Actions.

If the issue persists after Cloudflare has been paused, it means that there is an issue with your origin, Cloudflare is only operating as your DNS provider while it is paused.