Connecting Cloudflare to Sub Domain without the main domain

Hi,

I am new to cloudflare and I would like to adopt cloudflare to my sub domain. However, during registration, it seems like I must use my main domain. Can I delete all the records detected for my root domain and only keep the record for my sub domain so that my main root domain will not be affected?

That is correct.

That would make your main domain unreachable.

The appropriate configuration would be to add the entire domain, and make sure you have all DNS records from your existing setup. Then add the DNS record for your subdomain.

The only way to add just a subdomain is on a Business or Enterprise plan, or an SaaS setup on a domain you already have here.

Our main domain (perromart.com.sg) is hosted on exabyte. We have a sub domain (blog.perromart.com.sg) which is also part of exabyte. We would like to create a cdn from cloudfalre and attach to our sub domain only (blog.perromart.com.sg) without removing nameserver from our root domain (perromart.com.sg). Is this feasible? What are the steps to doing this?

Our main domain (perromart.com.sg) is hosted on exabyte. We have a sub domain (blog.perromart.com.sg) which is also part of exabyte. We would like to create a cdn from cloudfalre and attach to our sub domain only (blog.perromart.com.sg) without removing nameserver from our root domain (perromart.com.sg). Is this feasible? What are the steps to doing this?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.