Connect SSL to Salesfusion

Hi! I have a GoDaddy SSL certificate that runs through Cloudflare Universal SSL. We are adopting Salesfusion and they are requesting “certificate, key, and intermediate files for Apache server” to connect SSL to subdomains using the wildcard.

I, for the life of me, can not find this information. If someone could point me where to look, especially without having to re-key anything, it would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Bobby

0 Likes

You’d have to get that from GoDaddy…or more easily, generate your own Cloudflare Origin certificate:

0 Likes

Thanks for that! So… If I generate a Cloudflare Origin, it won’t affect the current certificate setup? I am not well versed in certs and avoiding site downtime is of primary concern.

0 Likes

It sounds like Salesforce has their own server(s) for your subdomain(s) and want SSL/TLS certificates for this. So this will be completely separate from your existing GoDaddy certificate and won’t impact your current website setup.

Make sure you’ve read the reminder in the article that the origin certificate only works for domains and subdomains that are set to :orange:.

0 Likes

Right. Ok – so if I set up the CNAMEs “marketing.domain.com” and “email.domain.com” and point them at the relevant Salesfusion domains, then create an Origin CA for the wildcard " *.domain.com" (or the specific CNAMES in question), they should function as expected as long as the cloud is on – or will that technically be insecure?

Am I better off to set up SANs on my GoDaddy cert?

0 Likes

email.domain.com will be a problem for SMTP and POP/IMAP connections.

The GoDaddy certificate would certainly be nice if it can cover all that and you can get the certificate, key, and intermediate files.

0 Likes

Thanks. I’m pretty clear on it, now, I think. You are a prince among humans. :slight_smile:

1 Like

closed #8

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes