Confused about Access seats

So I originally set up Cloudflare Access so that I could use Github for logging into view one of my web applications I host. This web application does not provide its own authentication mechanism. I don’t really use it for anything else.

I got an email from Cloudflare that says:

Our records indicate your account used a greater number of Access seats than you were permitted to use in August.

I’m not sure what this means. I thought this was a free service? I did some searching and it looks like there’s a new thing called “Cloudflare for Teams”, which sounds like for professional use. This is just for my home lab services; I am not doing anything for a business.

Is there anything I need to be aware of here? What exactly is it trying to say? Do I no longer have the ability to use this authentication service for free?

Seats are taken up by however many users authenticate through Access that month. The limit was 5, but you might have to transition to the new model by signing up for the free level of Teams.

1 Like

Ah, yes I did have to pick the free plan. I do find it odd that they didn’t just make that the default.

it seems like there is now two places to set up Access. The normal dashboard and now the Teams dashboard. Will it eventually fully transition to Teams?

:man_shrugging:t2: But checking what’s going on in the teams dashboard exits my mind like a goldfish thinking about what it just ate.

1 Like