Confirming Namesaver Issue

I signed up for CloudFlare on Friday, 7/28. I went through to the DNS list, then got to the page where I have to copy and paste the nameservers they CloudFlare wants us to use.

I went to Name. com, where I manage my domain. I copy and pasted the new nameservers into the fields at name. com.

However, I never pressed apply changes, so nothing changed on name. com’s server. Furthermore, I went to CloudFlare and pressed a button that confirmed I changed nameservers. At this point I realize I did not satisfy what CloudFlare was asking me to do.

So…I went back to name. com, then applied changes. I returned to CloudFlare and went to apply changes with them and CloudFlare said I could only do this once per hour.

I went back to it for the first time today and it said that I was good to go, as if the whole thing worked already.

I checked my name. com nameservers and they were still the originals before I knew anything about CloudFlare. So then I went to name. com and changed the name servers to what CloudFlare said to change it to. On Name. com I pressed accept changes.

Now, I dont know where to confirm a change with CloudFlare. How do I refresh and make sure I am good to go. Is there a status or diagnostic I can do to make sure I am good to go? Or do I need to just wait 24 hours? Thanks in advance to anyone who can break this down for me or point me in an already archived answer!

Sincerely,
David

Woof!

woof woof, woof woof woof. Grrrrrr woof, yip, woof sniff.

Woof woof woof. woof! Awoooooo! Woof.

panting intensifies

Hey there. You can check with the following command: dig domain.com NS +short

Alternatively, you can check using this site - it will display Cloudflare IPs if you are using their nameservers.

Or… provide your URL and I can check :smiley:

Sorry my dog got on the computer…

Try the following:

dig your.domain ns +short

In your case the answer should be (and is):

kristin.ns.cloudflare.com.
apollo.ns.cloudflare.com.

You can also check using nslookup on Windows:

nslookup
set type=ns
yourdomain.com

Or you can use mxtoolbox.com and search for type NS record.

Hope that helps… panting intensifies

www.dps.dog

@cscharff confirmed that you are using Cloudflare nameservers.

I can also confirm that :satellite:

If you’re using Chrome, you can install the Claire browser extension - which also verifies your traffic is being routed through Cloudflare.

So, I’m good to go?