Confirmation regarding what is provided via the Free Plan of the CDN service

Hello, I’ve just done some research and would like some confirmation/correction of the following points regarding the Cloudflare’s Free Plan:

• There’s no limit on the bandwidth & traffic applied on serving the content via the CDN, however, there’s no guarantee that the traffic will flow through the most efficient PoP/datacenter
  • Bound by the terms of the Cloudflare Self-Serve Subscription Agreement > Cloud Services > Limitation on Serving Non-HTML Content, CDN service can’t be used to serve video data or out-of-proportion (comparing to the amount of regular web content) non-HTML resources
  • (Edit: Aside from the 512MiB single file size limit) there’s no limit on the amount of data to be cached, however there’s no guarantee that all cache-able data will be preserved in the CDN (a.k.a. It may be purged prematurely according to Cloudflare’s discretion)

Thanks in advance!

Yes and you are aware of paragraph 2.8 already anyhow as well.

There is a limit when it comes to individual resources which is 512 megabytes.

1 Like

Thanks for your correction! I would like to have hear some comments from the Cloudflare staffs so I’ll keep this topic open for a while.

Comments such as? If you need anything official you need to open a support ticket and even that might be only semi-official.

Your summary is essentially accurate, there are no real limits when it comes to caching as long as you respect 2.8.

1 Like

I’ve filed a support request(#1912349), thanks for your info.

Here’s the response from Cloudflare Support in verbatim:

Peter (Cloudflare)

Jun 23, 2020, 2:29 PM PDT

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to Cloudflare support; my name is Peter and I will be assisting you on this support ticket. In regards to your inquiry, I have had an opportunity to review to review the community post you provided and for the most part – the answers you ave received look to be fairly consistent with what we have published ourselves on our Self-Serve Subscription Agreement.

That being said, there is one additional item in our terms of service that may speak to your questions that may have overlap with your questions about egress bandwidth:

2.8 Limitation on Serving Non-HTML Content

The Service is offered primarily as a platform to cache and serve web pages and websites. Unless explicitly included as a part of a Paid Service purchased by you, you agree to use the Service solely for the purpose of serving web pages as viewed through a web browser or other functionally equivalent applications and rendering Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) or other functional equivalents. Use of the Service for serving video (unless purchased separately as a Paid Service) or a disproportionate percentage of pictures, audio files, or other non-HTML content, is prohibited.

I hope this information helps; please do let me know if you have any further questions or I can provide any additional assistance,

Regards,

Peter | Senior Support Engineer
Search the Cloudflare Community for advice and insight.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.