Community Tip - Fixing Error: 503 Service Unavailable / Service Temporarily Unavailable

Error
Try the suggestions in this Community Tip to help you fix “Error 503: Service Unavailable” or “Error 503: Service Temporarily Unavailable”.

Background
An “Error 503: Service Unavailable” with no Cloudflare in the message means you need to contact your hosting provider for assistance. It generally means your host is rate limiting requests to your site. On the other hand, an “Error 503: Service Temporarily Unavailable” with “Cloudflare” means you are hitting a connection limit in a Cloudflare data center. When this happens, please contact Cloudflare Customer Support with the details mentioned in the Quick Fix Ideas.

Quick Fix Ideas

1. A 503 error generally denotes that I’m Under Attack Mode has been enabled on the domain. When you contact Cloudflare Customer Support, please share a HAR file(s) demonstrating the issue.

2. Please include a traceroute between your origin and one of Cloudflare’s IP addresses, ideally one of the addresses that usually sends requests to your site. See how to run a traceroute test.

3. If you are seeing a traffic surge or attack against your site, when you contact Cloudflare Customer Support, please let us know if you are seeing this in the error logs from your host.

Lite Reading

Background Resources
Help Center
YouTube

Research The Issue
Community
Google

If You Need More Help
This community of other Cloudflare users may be able to assist you, if not, login to Cloudflare and then contact Cloudflare Support. When you contact support, make sure to include as much of this information as possible: time stamped log files from your origin server, RayID, domain name, error messages, screen shots, and HAR file(s).

Expert Comments Appreciated
This Community Tip will remain open for input from Community experts and those familiar with this issue. We really appreciate comments that start with words like: “The three things I always try”, or “Do this first” or “In my experience”.

This is a Community Tip, to review other tips, click here.

Çevirme…traduzir…翻译…traducir…Traduire…Übersetzen…:greyg: Translate this Tip

FXSUCT 111219