Command failed; 53300102912 Nameserver error [ERROR: 118 Inconsistent set of NS RRs (IP\, NS host names)

dns

Hello,

I have to change two cloudflare nameservers called:

josh.n.cloudflare.com
lola.ns.cloudflare.com

To my new ones:

betty.ns.cloudflare.com
karl.ns.cloudflare.com.

My situation is:

A friend of mine set up my domain back in the days because I had little to no knowledge about how to get a domain to work. I learned alot over the years and sadly I dont have contact to my friend anymore, so I have to change everything he set up back then. But everytime I try to change the old nameservers to the new ones, I get this error:

Command failed; 53300102912 Nameserver error [ERROR: 118 Inconsistent set of NS RRs (IP, NS host names) (karl.ns.cloudflare.com./2400:cb00:2049:1:0:0:adf5:3bbe, [josh.ns.cloudflare.com, lola.ns.cloudflare.com])]

I allready contacted my domain provider, but they cant do anything about it, so I try my luck here.

And I made a Ticket, but maybe I can find a solution here and fix it so the support stuff doesnt need to look over it.

Greetings,
Lucas.

Where did you try to change the name servers?

Josh, Nina, Simon, Marie and co are automatically assigned to you when you create an acccount. You can’t change them. Don’t try to set them as NS records in the DNS section this will fail.

Usually there’s no need to change the name servers for your domains and if there is, you usually have to change them directly at the registrar. Depending on your host provider.

Hello Mark,

I want to change the nameservers at my domain control panel, I dont want to change anything here.
English isnt my mother tongue so im very sorry for the inconvenience.

I need access to an Cloudflare account, because I bought a new KVM-Server and it has a new IP, so it was necessary to create a new one to create all the A, MX and every other record.

But everytime I try to change the nameserver at the CP of my domain seller, this error (like mentioned above) appears:

Command failed; 53300102912 Nameserver error [ERROR: 118 Inconsistent set of NS RRs (IP, NS host names) (karl.ns.cloudflare.com./2400:cb00:2049:1:0:0:adf5:3bbe, [josh.ns.cloudflare.com, lola.ns.cloudflare.com])]

Greetings,
Lucas.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.