Coming over from google (bucket public hosting) - what records can I scrap?

I am nervous about DNS records so I appreciate any help!  I currently have a functioning website hosted now on cloudflare, and I came over from google where I was hosting the site.  I came over to take advantage of the free SSL.  As you know, Cloudflare copies/pastes the current DNS records when you add a site.  I am just wondering if I can lose some of the A and AAAA records (or any other records), and if I do, if they need to be replaced by any Cloudflare records so as not to mess things up.  I'm keen to leave well enough alone because it is working, but if one of you experts tells me it's safe to delete/replace one or more of these records I'm all for it.  Thanks in advance for helping me clean up the DNS records!  By the way I am using forwardemail.net for email and plan to keep it.  Here are the current records:

type name content proxy status TTL
A `eckerderm.com 216.239.38.21 proxied auto 
A `eckerderm.com 216.239.36.21 proxied auto
A `eckerderm.com 216.239.34.21 proxied auto
A `eckerderm.com 216.239.32.21 proxied auto
AAAA `eckerderm.com 2001:4860:4802:38::15 proxied auto
AAAA `eckerderm.com 2001:4860:4802:36::15 proxied auto
AAAA `eckerderm.com 2001:4860:4802:34::15 proxied auto
AAAA `eckerderm.com 2001:4860:4802:32::15 proxied auto
CNAME www `eckerderm.pages.dev proxied auto
MX `eckerderm.com `mx2.forwardemail.net 10|DNS only| auto
MX `eckerderm.com `mx1.forwardemail.net 10|DNS only| auto
TXT `eckerderm.com "v=spf1 a mx include:spf.forwardemail.net include:_spf.google.com -all" DNS only
TXT `eckerderm.com "forward-email=`tXXXX:tXXXXXX" DNS only

type or paste code here

If you’re still hosting your content / website on Google’s bucket, you should keep all the DNS records.

May I ask if it’s about Google Cloud Storage and you’re hosting a static Website? :thinking:

Haven’t used for a while, don’t know if they’re providing an SSL certificate.

If not, I’d be looking for a solution with Cloudflare Pages as follows:

You can upload a zip of a directory which contains all your files to Cloudflare Pages and setup a custom domain just like that, which is secured.

Nevertheless, may I ask what kind of type of content you’d be serving? :thinking:

Thanks for your reply! It’s a static website. But I wanted SSL so I moved over to cloudflare. I already have it running and hosted on cloudflare. I deleted the bucket over at Google so no files are being served over there. I’m just wondering how I can clean up my DNS records? See my original post. Thanks.

here is my question again, hopefully easier to read:

I am nervous about DNS records so I appreciate any help! I currently have a functioning website hosted now on cloudflare, and I came over from google where I was hosting the site. I came over to take advantage of the free SSL. As you know, Cloudflare copies/pastes the current DNS records when you add a site. I am just wondering if I can lose some of the A and AAAA records (or any other records), and if I do, if they need to be replaced by any Cloudflare records so as not to mess things up. I’m keen to leave well enough alone because it is working, but if one of you experts tells me it’s safe to delete/replace one or more of these records I’m all for it. Thanks in advance for helping me clean up the DNS records! By the way I am using forwardemail for email and plan to keep it. Here are the current records:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.