CNAME update won't approve certificate? Why?

Hello! ***@MoreHelp***I need help! Both my Siteground host and I updated my CNAME record as prompted by Cloudflare in their email to me to do so, but, the Cloudflare certificate of approval will NOT approve the CNAME record update. Right now, my website is working fine, but, the email from Cloudflare says this:

As part of the Cloudflare SSL certificate renewal process, we need you to re-approve the domain www.membership.natureglosescience.com so that we can re-issue SSL certificates for use on our network.

If you previously validated this domain using the HTTP DCV method, you are receiving this email because www.membership.natureglosescience.com no longer resolves to Cloudflare’s edge and thus we cannot automatically complete the renewal process. You must add the CNAME shown below to avoid certificate expiration (or remove the hostname if no longer in use).

Your current certificate expires on Thu Aug 19 12:00:00 +0000 2021. If you are not able to complete validation by the expiration date, Cloudflare will remove this certificate from the edge.

Please add the following CNAME entry to your authoritative DNS provider:

_ca3-50d76abcca98404b9f9e244b65127190.www.membership.natureglosescience.com CNAME dcv.digicert.com

Once this record has been added, please click this link to complete the renewal process: Certificate Approval | Cloudflare

What can I do???

Hi @gloriabrooks,

It is probably not validation because that record doesn’t exist or is wrong. I have checked it locally and using several online tools and none can find a CNAME with name _ca3-50d76abcca98404b9f9e244b65127190.www.membership.natureglosescience.com. You will need to check this record or follow up with SIteground.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.