Cname update takes forever

Hey!

We have a subdomain docs.. For a long time, CNAME was pointing to hosting.gitbook.io. On Friday, 12th of March, we have changed it to point to ssl.readmessl.com. We’re moving from one service to another one. It’s been more than 3 days since we changed the CNAME but docs. still opens the old (Gitbook) version of the docs. We ended up moving Readme docs to doc.*, and it works. What’s the problem?

Thanks a lot!

And the record in question is?

Docs (or docs.adapty.io)

Resolves just fine

nslookup -type=cname docs.adapty.io norman.ns.cloudflare.com
Server:  norman.ns.cloudflare.com
Address:  173.245.59.217

docs.adapty.io  canonical name = ssl.readmessl.com

Here too DNS Checker - DNS Check Propagation Tool

1 Like

Yeah, but if you try to open it, you’ll be forwarded to https://docs2.adapty.io

That comes from your host, not Cloudflare. You need to clarify that with them I am afraid.

1 Like

Hm, we only use third-party services to point our domain record.

What you wrote is just ignoring what he told you.

The redirect is getting done on your Server. So somewhere on your server you redirect:
docs.adapty.io =(302)=> docs2.adapty.io

But thats not done at CloudFlare. So ask some of your Devs which have set up the Server and its config to remove that redirect.

1 Like

That’s super weird.
We use third-party independent services Gitbook and Readme for hosting documentation.

We changed docs to point to Readme servers, but if you open https://docs.adapty.io you’ll see 30х redirect by Gitbook. How it’s possible?

Because it is configured on your server. As mentioned three days ago, the CNAME record is correctly in place and resolves fine to your service. Cloudflare really is not involved here and you need to clarify this with your host.

And yes, there are Cloudflare headers there, but that’s just because your host is using Cloudflare too, the redirect still comes from your host.

1 Like

I mean, we don’t control Gitbook and Readme, they are third-party to us.

And if docs.adapty.io is pointing to Readme servers, should I ask them or Gitbook about a potential problem?

Yes, you need to talk to them (readme). They send the redirect.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.