CNAME Subdomain change & SSL Issue

We launched a new website where we have a front end with our domain and a password-protected member area, which we assign a subdomain of members.domain.com.au.

When I changed the CNAME endpoint target from endpoint.mykajabi.com to endpoint.clixli.com, it did point to the right place, however showed a SSL security issue.

Our SSL certificate is configured with *.domain.com.au and is still active - and it works fine when it points to endpoint.mykajabi.com.

Any ideas on why this is happening and how to fix it?

It sounds like Kajabi still controls your domain settings at Cloudflare for a :orange: Proxied hostname, Have you asked them if you can take control of your subdomains?

Ah ok, I didn’t know they could do that. This is the only record that links to Kajabi and it’s DNS only - does that make a difference?

If not, I’ll contact them and ask.

If it’s DNS-Only, that’s practically hardwired to the destination.

If you share the actual hostname, we can take a closer look.

Yeah sure. So the domain is tactixcoaching.com.au, which already points to Clixli. Just need members.tactixcoaching.com.au to point there.

Let me know if you need any other info.

This is what I see:
members.tactixcoaching.com.au is an alias for endpoint.mykajabi.com

So it looks like the CNAME for ‘members’ still points to Kajabi.

Can you post a screenshot of that DNS record?

Can you also confirm that the two Cloudflare name servers at the bottom of your DNS page are Zara and Kellen?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.