CNAME retrevial

I’m attempting to update and verify a few CNAME records and running into a bit of problems.

A bit of background first: I’ve had no issues with this configuration for months, and recently moved mail providers requiring the recent set of DNS changes. I made the needed changes in Cloudflare’s DNS control panel, and everything looks correct …

However, when I do any form of a DIG or DNS validation on the authoritative server, the CNAME records do not appear for whatever reason.

I’m pretty sure the syntax and switches are correct. A little bit of a loss as to what is going on here as they should be showing in a DIG request and propagating. Any ideas or things I could check would be amazing.

All show. You need to query the records directly to get a result, not query the apex domain.

dig +short fm1._domainkey.figurati.org
fm1.figurati.org.dkim.fmhosted.com.

dig +short fm2._domainkey.figurati.org
fm2.figurati.org.dkim.fmhosted.com.

dig +short fm3._domainkey.figurati.org
fm3.figurati.org.dkim.fmhosted.com.

dig +short fm1.figurati.org.dkim.fmhosted.com txt
"v=DKIM1; k=rsa; n=Intentionally_Left_Blank_As_Per_DKIM_Rotation_BCP; p="

dig +short fm2.figurati.org.dkim.fmhosted.com txt
"v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEA8wKQm7S/UBSW1qQiBfK3NScVpDBY3a9vvb8cuIYwg6iZSFk41ked4QQxzu3/3KgaYxPQpTAmUYzrkFCUFiWlba0wSq3Rri72o+oFAH1uPQfNDHmRvogk2Gi5+69/PIDCU3ZOUodpx3ZNSvYjuLboJ2kuGlmkEf+/HTVAmQ5LwGIu8XUW68BHQuiD2cpIhWkG9" "ohs+Voo+/phPX5M8QlPwAooVILElYCq/JvNcpabD8o5kD7LJNTShY+hyCJ3Vk66yX5PA/eZVchtkhF2VaNMcb/LqlbzXAS4BU+wF9sKn3IfIMrsiHm4Bo6vrlEtX5L9s4PW+CEvv/+h/aooCTuSeQIDAQAB"

dig +short fm3.figurati.org.dkim.fmhosted.com txt
"v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEA7qG/AnvO0bB9sZMAGu09kOj1hgLjApcxUnWJR+zkqDHGREt4ezIolnDfQ6/xbJ60bCPP6kpkeNMWbbgH/wRZ2tNN2Rg5NOmavNodh8nd/B5WXgx6r640ETxUeHHgUMNMPhU+08HHC9g2CWOBceDypo1pV0HvczxboE/oS8i7UucV6K2XCRM4z6XOKH2QmfwoZ" "LzZ2aBVERLQyvtDK1+dFB3j/1/jVm8LWC8aSnLWtiYphxgOv/6uqM98yGy8FSxCF7L0db3hSogm6ADWQD3tm6hdTqt2jeW5DXv+vjbGdih3VYsXbFTgbmpXBrAoBATQhXLU0EeqXVw/6v+/YXvBGQIDAQAB"

dig +short fm1._domainkey.figurati.org txt
fm1.figurati.org.dkim.fmhosted.com.
"v=DKIM1; k=rsa; n=Intentionally_Left_Blank_As_Per_DKIM_Rotation_BCP; p="
3 Likes

Interesting. I must be getting tired or overworked. I was quite sure I checked that. Thanks friend!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.