We are trying to do a cname redirect of my.nachaorg on cloudflare account 1 to my.nachanet on cloudflare account 2. This is not woking, we keep getting origin ssl issues and the cert being presented is not correct. How can we do a cname redirect through 2 different cloudflare accounts?
Thank you for reaching out to us regarding these concerns.
Could you provide more details on any error messages or specific SSL issues you encounter?
Here are steps you can follow to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:
- Ensure that both my.nachaorg and my.nachanet have valid SSL certificates configured in their respective Cloudflare accounts. Confirm that the certificates cover the necessary subdomains.
- In the Cloudflare dashboard for my.nachanet (Account 2), navigate to the “SSL/TLS” settings. Choose an appropriate SSL mode (Flexible, Full, or Full (Strict)) depending on the SSL configuration of the origin server.
- Verify that the SSL configuration on the origin server for my.nachanet is compatible with the SSL mode selected in the Cloudflare dashboard.
- In the Cloudflare dashboard for my.nachaorg (Account 1), set up a page rule for the CNAME redirect. Ensure that the rule specifies a “Forwarding URL” action with the destination set to my.nachanet.
- Confirm that the SSL certificate installed on the origin server for my.nachanet matches the domain being redirected.
- Be aware of potential mixed content issues. Ensure that all resources (images, stylesheets, etc.) are loaded over HTTPS to prevent browser warnings.
- Double-check the DNS configurations for both my.nachaorg and my.nachanet to confirm that the CNAME records are accurately pointing to their respective Cloudflare accounts.
Kindly notify us if you need any additional help.
This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.