CNAME records don't seem to propagate

I have an account with Hubspot which needs some specific CNAME records in our system to work properly. They were set up in our Cloudflare DNS system back in June, and it worked just fine until a few weeks ago.

I’ve walked through the prompts to have the CNAME records updated, and it looks like they’re the same as they were. Whenever I check on the records the Hubspot site says they are still invalid. I updated them last week, and checked again today and it still says the same thing.

I also gave them a call and they reviewed it with me and said it’s all set up correctly and that I’d need to reach out to our DNS provider for assistance, so that’s what I’m attempting to do.

First try might be to set that CNAME to :grey: DNS Only, then wait five minutes for it to propagate before checking. If ten minutes goes by and it still doesn’t work, call them back have them take another look now that the site isn’t proxied.

does this mean creating a ticket to CloudFlare?

No, call “them” (Hubspot) back, so they can take another look now that the CNAME isn’t proxied.

DNS records (nameserver changes) can take up to 24 hours to propagate, if after 24 hours you haven’t received an email from Cloudflare (saying your site is active on cloudflare). Then you may have some incorrect settings or you might be sending a lot of requests (1 request can be sent every hour but you should send a request every 24 hours to avoid a delay).

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.