CNAME record not working in Cloudflare?

I have a domain name from Cloudlfare - Castellanomusic.net that I recently linked to my website on Carrd.co.

When I visit Castellanomusic.net, the website loads, however when I enter www.castellanomusic.net, the website does not load. I receive the following

Error 1000

Ray ID: 876f446afa4941ec • 2024-04-19 19:23:07 UTC

DNS points to prohibited IP

What happened?

You’ve requested a page on a website (www.castellanomusic.net) that is on the Cloudflare network. Unfortunately, it is resolving to an IP address that is creating a conflict within Cloudflare’s system.

What can I do?

If you are the owner of this website:
you should login to Cloudflare and change the DNS A records for www.castellanomusic.net to resolve to a different IP address.

My DNS records are correct. Below is a link to the instructions from Carrd.co
Using a Custom Domain - Sites - Documentation - Carrd

I don’t know if this is an issue with Carrd or Cloudflare, so I have contacted Carrd as well. It seems that the CNAME record doesn’t point to the A record. I think that is what supposed to happen when you type www.domain.com.

Any advice?

You need to locate the DNS record that is causing the error, https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029779472-Troubleshooting-Cloudflare-1XXX-errors#error1000

I chedked the instructions again and there is a section for Cloudflare Domains that says this

• Update the records table to add the A record for @, the CNAME record for www, and the CNAME record for _acme-challenge. If any of these records already exist, simply edit them to reflect the new values (contents) described above.

Be sure to pause proxying on each of these records. You can do this by clicking the orange “cloud” icon next to each record. Do not unpause proxying on these records.

I didn’t keep these three records unpaused after the domain initialized. I unpaused them all. Was I supposed to keep them all unpaused or un proxied?

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.