CNAME record is not poinitng to the right website

I have a problem I can not solve. I am hosting a website with SUMUP

Thanks to DNS A-Record I am redircected to the website. The CNAME record however doesnt point to the website and I can not figure out why.

I use the iCloud integration to also use Apple Mail for Mails that why there is another CNAME DNS Record.

Here a picture of all my DNS Record. Can anybody help me?

Likely the hosting is set up to handle trebbis.com but you have not set them to handle www.trebbis.com. CNAMEs just return an address, they are not a redirect.

Either:

• add www.trebbis.com to the names your hosting will respond to there, or
  • you can redirect www.trebbis.com to trebbis.com on Cloudflare with a redirect rule.
1 Like

Thanks for the reply @sjr ! For the first option you mentioned what DNS Record to I have to add to do so?

Do I have to add a DNS A-Record with

www.trebbis.com

poining to the IP address or how would you do that?

Changing the CNAME to an A record won’t help, the same thing will happen. Your hosting isn’t configured to answer for www.trebbis.com, only trebbis.com. You need to set that on Sumup (if it’s possible, I don’t know anything about them).

The alternative is to redirect using Cloudflare. To do that…

Set up a redirect rule here…
https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/rules/redirect-rules

…by copying this example…

Use www.trebbis.com in place of smallshop.example.com and
trebbis.com in place of globalstore.example.net.

Then, delete the CNAME for www and add a proxied A record for www pointing to 192.0.2.1.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.