CNAME question- Kajabi & Searchie.io content

Hello -
I have my domain publishing my Kajabi website. Now, I’m building a new portal through Searchie.io for my clients to access lessons and other content - which I want to have on a certain url on my site like kimberlybrock.com/searchie (for example)

Searchie is telling me to create a CNAME kimberlybrock.com to show content http://ingress.searchie.io/ - but if I do that, won’t it show only Searchie content now on kimberlybrock.com and not also the Kajabi content? How does this work? I’m so confused - thank you! I just want a certain URL on my domain kimberlybrock.com/searchie (for example ) to show that searchie content, and all the other regular URLS that work today to show that Kajabi content?

Hi @hi113,

Because of the way DNS works, it’s not the easiest to have different paths on the same hostname going to different places. This is why it’s common to use subdomains in this case, as you can just point the subdomain to the different provider.

If you do want to try and get the other service as a path of the main domain, you would either need Resolve Override (Enterprise only feature, would be very expensive just for this) or to write something custom with Workers.

1 Like

Ahhhh okay thank you so much! Okay so to get a subdomain, how do I do that? Is that something through my domain provider (google domains) or through Cloudflare? Thank you so much!

1 Like

No problem! So a subdomain would be like searchie.kimberlybrock.com rather than kimberlybrock.com/searchie.

To do that, you would first configure searchie.kimberlybrock.com as your custom domain in Searchie, instead of kimberlybrock.com.

Then when they ask you to add the CNAME for that, you would go to the DNS App in your Cloudflare dashboard and add something like this:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help with this - you were so quick and so appreciate you sharing this!
Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.