Cname not published

What is the name of the domain?

gunjanappstudios.com

What is the issue you’re encountering

CName not published.

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

I have added a CNAME record with the name of “support.gunjanappstudios.com” but it’s not affecting and i am checking in other site for that so, getting like error “Cname not published”. Why I am getting like issues please check and reply me ASAP.

Screenshot of the error

The hostname is resolving to an IP address…
https://cf.sjr.org.uk/tools/check?fa99f0ee81e8495299fea342a31b0f89#dns

…so check that CNAME flattening is not set to “Flatten all CNAMEs” (and use “Flatten CNAME at apex”) here…

https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/dns/settings

1 Like

I have updated all places, but still I am getting same error & issues has not been solved.

That’s weird. In SJR’s earlier test, that hostname was returning an unproxied IP address. Now it’s resolving as proxied IP addresses. Are you sure it’s still set to :grey: DNS Only?

% host support.gunjanappstudios.com
support.gunjanappstudios.com has address 104.26.15.193
support.gunjanappstudios.com has address 172.67.69.213
support.gunjanappstudios.com has address 104.26.14.193
support.gunjanappstudios.com has IPv6 address 2606:4700:20::ac43:45d5
support.gunjanappstudios.com has IPv6 address 2606:4700:20::681a:fc1
support.gunjanappstudios.com has IPv6 address 2606:4700:20::681a:ec1

that domain I don’t want to use like a subdomain. I am using that domain for redirecting “Custom Return Path” for mail. So, I have used like. you can check snapshot. So, it’s getting error that “CName not published.”

You may not want to host a website at support.gunjanappstudios.com, but it is a subdomain nonetheless. I see it is once again resolving to the IP address 169.148.148.92 which belongs to your email service provider Zoho.

It seems you’re using Zoho Campaigns so I just set up a test account to dig into this. I was able to instantly verify the CNAME record for my Custom Return Path subdomain: zcmp.cftest.fun.

Please share your full Cloudflare DNS screen with us. Is this provided screenshot even from the right zone? Impossible to tell. Anyone can lookup DNS records for a domain and, other than any proxied origin IP address which you may not want to show publicly, I see no point in the tight cropping.

2 Likes