CNAME from customer to cloudflare domain

I have a cloudflare domain api.banana.com and I want to route the traffic from customer domain green.apple.com (outside of cloudflare) to my domain in cloudflare so that I can run some workers and CNAME it to some service in customer domain green-qa.elb.amazonaws.com to route traffice through CF.
I have added a dns record in cloudflare subdomain (api.banana.com) as customer-qa that is CNAME to green-qa.elb.amazonaws.com, I have also added another Route53 dns record customer-qa.api.banana.com that is CNAME to customer-qa.api.banana.com.cdn.cloudflare.net and . If I access customer-qa.api.banana.com this setup works fine and I am able to access green-qa.elb.amazonaws.com.

Now if I create another dns record in Route53 like customer-qa.api.mango.com CNAME to customer-qa.api.banana.com the dns resolution does not happen. I am not able to make sense of it. Is there any explanation for this.
Note: both api.banana.com and api.mango.com are owned by us and are in cloudflare.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.