CNAME flattening isn't working

I have a site being hosted by buzzsprout, and they have requested that I put a CNAME record linking to app.buzzsprout.com

I’ve created a CNAME record of @ pointing to app.buzzsprout.com and another of www pointing to app.buzzsprout.com . Both are DNS only (grey) and CNAME flattening is enabled at the root domain.

However, the root domain does not work (www works). It says too many redirects. What am I doing wrong?

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

Did you try clicking that :point_up_2: link?

Which name did you configure at Buzzsprout. While their guide indicates that you can use your apex name with a DNS host that has CNAME flattening (or equivalent), it did not indicate that you can use both the root and a specific hostname.

You may want to delete your apex CNAME and replace it with a :orange: proxied AAAA record of 100:: (a special IPv6 address in the discard prefix). You can then use a redirect rule to send visitors to the www name just like in the first example here.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.