CNAME being blocked

Hi,

I’ve created a cname record for a SaaS service which I want to have under my domain, but unfortunatly I’M getting following error:

Error 1014

Ray ID: 6e2fad7550fa7876 • 2022-02-25 08:48:57 UTC

CNAME Cross-User Banned

What happened?

You’ve requested a page on a website that is part of the Cloudflarenetwork. The host is configured as a CNAME across accounts on Cloudflare, which is prohibited by security policy.

Could somebody take a look this please? I hope the rayID is enough:)

While searching for similar issues, I’ve noticed that I have to contact Cloudflare support for this, but since I’m on the free plan, the community is the only way.

Open a Ticket and post the Ticket Number here someone will escalate it

1 Like

Hey there!

This error happens when you attempt to CNAME to a Cloudflare proxied site. What likely happened here is that you linked to an already proxied site.

Have a look if the proxied CNAME is running Cloudflare (curl -I -s CNAME-DOMAIN | grep -i server).

1 Like

I’ve mentioned that I can’t ( or at least I can’t find a way to do this on https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/de or in my support center

I’ve noticed that I have to contact Cloudflare support for this, but since I’m on the free plan, the community is the only way.

1 Like

Already Yeri From Cloudflare Team has replied

Hi @daniel.f
I maybe able to help you with a workaround for this issue but I need a little more information.

Is the SaaS something that you created and have running under another of your accounts? Or is the SaaS created by a 3rd party who just happens to be using Cloudflare too?

1 Like

It’s a circle.so community

I am not familiar with circle.so but thats okay.

Do you have a tenancy on their SaaS which you want to use your own domain for? And before trying any workaround I’d ask if they provide any official instructions for using your domain?

Are you using Cloudflares custom hostname feature for this? Because otherwise seems like a legit error.

2 Likes

They are a Cloudflare for SaaS provider. Just create a CNAME in your account for <custom domain> that points to <your prefix>.circle.so, and leave it :grey: DNS Only.

I was able to setup a custom domain with circle.so, and cloudflare.circle.so is available under my custom domain cloudflare.communitymvp.cf

Thanks @michael , thats what I was trying to get OP to lookup before I gave any instructions for the cross-user policy workaround.

Any cross-user policy workaround is unnecessary if they (circle.so) are a Cloudflare SaaS/SSL provider.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.