CNAME always truncated

I need to make a CNAME record with key

em4026.myDomain.com

But whenever I do this, Cloudflare shortens this to

em4026

So the external service that wants me to create this record cannot complete its verification.

How to solve this?

Cloudflare doesn’t show the domain after host names. But it’s there. CNAME verification usually fails because the record is set to :orange: instead of :grey:

It could be a propogation time issue. i.e it has been added to DNS but it has not gone to all the nameservers. Normally though the site testing would be aware of this and not cache the CNAME could not be found. Have you given it a couple of minutes to see what happens.

can you confirm using an online nslookup tool the entry is there?

I think Cloudflare really truncates it. I just entered em4026.myDomain.com again into the name field and with proxy off. And when I edit it again, I see only ‘em4026’ as the value of the name field

There are three CNAME record I need to add for the same external service. The other two CNAME which do not need to have ‘myDomain.com’ as a substring have passed verification

Nope. And proxy/no proxy doesn’t change how it looks in DNS. if you provided a screenshot of that recorded and the actual hostname, we can assist.

ok how do I send you a pic in private? Or do I open a support ticket somewhere?

If you want private support, you’ll have to open a ticket with Cloudflare Support:

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. If you receive an automatic response that does not help you, please reply and indicate you need more help.

Here is the failing entry

It looks like it matches.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.