CNAME already exists with that record

cname

Hi there,

New to cloudflare, and can’t to seem to find anything to help with the following issue,

An A, AAAA or CNAME record already exists with that host. (Code: 81053)

I’m trying to add two records as a CNAME:
Host:@ Value: selector1-benningtongreen-co-uk._domainkey.BenningtongreenLtd658.onmicrosoft.com
Host: @ Value: selector2-benningtongreen-co-uk._domainkey.BenningtongreenLtd658.onmicrosoft.com

I can’t figure out how to get these records onto the DNS management part of cloudflare

See below for existing records

Thank you!

You already have an A record for @ (the second in the list). You’d need to remove that first.

Thanks! How would I go about adding the second one?

Do you get an error message when you try to add it?

Generally speaking I am surprised about their instructions as naked domains shouldnt be CNAMEs, which is AFAIK in violation of RFC 1034.

An A, AAAA or CNAME record already exists with that host. (Code: 81053)

Same as before, are their any work arounds at all?

I’ll pass your comment on

I assumed that wouldnt be possible. Try to open a support ticket and maybe Cloudflare has some solution.

Thanks for your help, I’ll submit a ticket

This doesn’t look correct, domainkey records should not be located at @. Most likely they want the record at selector1-benningtongreen-co-uk._domainkey and selector2-benningtongreen-co-uk._domainkey respectively.

True, that would make more sense.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.