CNAME 1014 Error -- teachable site

Hi,

I’m trying to get my domain www.magicalaudios.com to work with Teachable. But I’m getting the 1014 error. I’ve configured this a week ago so the propagation should have completed by now.

But the error is intermittent.

If we go to the domain directly (magicalaudios.com) Some people are getting to the right page correctly, while some people are getting the error page sometimes.

However, if we go to the teachable URL - it redirects correctly to magicalaudios.com and doesn’t show an error page.

The subpages also work correctly like: Freebie Landing Page | Magical Audios by Ikaro Health and the pages load correctly without the error.

I’ve attached screenshots to the error and the cname configuration. I don’t have any other account on Cloudflare and I only have magicalaudios.com on Cloudflare.

The Error 1014: CNAME Cross-User Banned error happens when you are pointing from one Cloudflare domain to another across different customer accounts.

By default, Cloudflare prohibits a DNS CNAME record between domains in different Cloudflare accounts. CNAME records are permitted within a domain (www.example.com CNAME to api.example.com) and across zones within the same user account (www.example.com CNAME to www.example.net) or using our Cloudflare for SaaS solution.

The solution for this is using Cloudflare for SaaS. Please kindly find the detailed instruction at Provider guides · Cloudflare for Platforms docs.

You can also follow their instruction at https://support.teachable.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000382791-Custom-Domains#h_01HBRDXCH9PHQ28X4GER5WA7XA.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.