Cloudflares Speed Test Fails with 103 Early Hints Enabled

When 103 Early Hits is enabled the Cloudflare Speed tests fail to run. After about 16 seconds the test ends with all screenshots in the test being blank. Page speeds in this tool were under 0.5 seconds before.

I have tested this on 3 sites now, same issue.

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

It’s still a beta feature. You might want to disable it, or at least I’d suggest you to check below posts:

I believe my colleague @M4rt1n could add a few valuable notes and provide information about this here as far as he is more experienced than me with this kind of a feature.

In case if you see some error, below article help a bit to troubleshoot, if so:

3 Likes

Hey
I am aware this is in beta. I’m know how CF is creating the headers and I’m familiar how to use cURL for diagnostics. The problem isn’t the headers itself, its that the Speed Tool in Cloudflare is getting a bug when it encounters 103 headers in the response.

I just wanted to make this pose here so that someone at CF can look into it and fix the tool. At the moment I have to go and disable the 103 Early Hints feature each time I want to run the Speed test tool in Cloudflare. Given its a Cloudflare Tool, I would have thought that Cloudflare would have tested this beta feature is compatible with all their existing tools prior to releasing the public beta.

It’s not a big deal, I just want to make sure somebody is aware of this bug and it’ll get looked at. I didn’t see it on your known bugs page.

1 Like

In this case, kindly I’d suggest you to write a ticket to Cloudflare support due to your account and/or domain issue and share the ticket number here with us so we could escalate this issue:

• Login to Cloudflare and then contact Cloudflare Support by clicking on the Get More Help button. If you get automatic reply, reply and indicate to it you need more help and reference to this topic
  • Or send an an e-mail to support[at]cloudflare[dot]com from your e-mail associated with your Cloudflare account

:rofl:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.