Cloudflare Wordpress Plugin for APO giving error of “Bad Request”

I have activated the APO. I have installed and activated the cloudflare plugin on wordpress. While accessing this plugin, it shows bad request error. Although all the settings features are visible. But while trying to turn on the ‘Web Application Firewall’ option, it shows me ‘bad request’ error. This option is not turning on too.

1 Like

Sorry, but I do not want to use any third party plugin.

1 Like

I completely understand your perspective regarding your preference not to utilize a third-party solution. May I kindly inquire about the specific concerns you have in mind?

Would you prefer a solution from a particular brand?

Regardless, you have the option to develop your own in-house plugin or write custom snippets to tailor the solution to your needs. This approach aligns with my personal preference, as I have encountered some limitations with the Cloudflare official plugin.

Can confirm this happens for us as well.

Is this something Cloudflare intends to fix?

1 Like

Same here. “Bad Request” error when going to settings in the Cloudflare Plugin with APO enabled.

1 Like

Hoping for fix…

Same issue here… Server log shows:

[Content-Type] => application/json
[User-Agent] => wordpress/6.4.3; cloudflare-wordpress-plugin/4.12.4

[X-Auth-Email] => REDACTED
[X-Auth-Key] => REDACTED
)

)
PHP message: [Cloudflare] ERROR: [CLIENT API] Array
(
[type] => response
[reason] => Bad Request

[code] => 400
)
PHP message: [Cloudflare] ERROR: Bad Request" while reading response header from upstream

1 Like

Yes, this is a serious problem and we still have no solution for this issue.

I made a new token just to rule out any issues. I picked “Wordpress” template and I made sure my zone is included. And I get “Bad Request” as soon as I open the Wordpress plugin tab on my website. :frowning:

have this issue now too after just doing some plugin updates. can it be related with the newest WP rocket version?

1 Like

sure lets just use a random wp plugin with 100 installs where you have to go through the code 1by1 before using it lmao. might as well programm it myself.

1 Like

No I had Fastest Cache week ago, I was updating everything from wordpress to plugins and changed to W3 Total Cache plugin. Then I found out APO is not working. Then I changed back to Fastest Cache and it was still broken. Today I bought WP-Rocket still bad request. Maybe it is latest version of cloudflare plugin. My APO was working for months before last updating.

1 Like

I am not using wp rocket. But not sure about any cache plugin. may be possible or not. I am not sure

I have the same problem… When I enter the cloudflare plugin, I get this message…

1 Like

Same issue here.

1 Like

Same issue here.

1 Like

Then I guess it’s caused by the latest Cloudflare update from 24/01/19 because I updated 2 days ago and saw that error the first time yesterday by routinely checking if the plugin works flawlessly (had some issues regarding that a couple months ago)

1 Like

Same issues here, what to do??

1 Like

forward it to cloudflare support i suppose.

1 Like

Hey thanks for the report. We’ve opened a ticket internally and we’ll keep you posted.

1 Like