Cloudflare with Discourse

I use Cloudflare with my Wordpress.

I will use subdomain for Discourse

I have questions about what is the best way to set up “Discourse” with cloudflare.

I already installed it once in my VPS, and always get error while in wordpress it works normal.

And if you set your ‘forum’ domain’s DNS entry to :grey:, does it work?

the forum is the same as cloudflare

Error

Well…that explains the 521 error. Once you get that fixed on your server, you can set it back to :orange: and it should work.

I already activated the orange cloud, error continues.

Last I checked, it was broken with :grey:. Did you get that fixed before you activated :orange:?

Discourse isn’t running or configured properly on your server, so this isn’t a Cloudflare issue. You’ll need to fix that before you can continue. When the cloud is gray, the Cloudflare proxy is disabled, and you’re connecting directly to your server; as you can see, it’s down.

1 GiB probably isn’t enough RAM for Discourse; it’s pretty heavy. I’d be surprised if you’re able to get it running in a stable state on that server—especially since you have far less than 1 GiB actually free.

Also, that is the wrong IP address for your server—at least, it’s not the server you logged into via SSH.

• The default of 1 GB RAM works fine for small Discourse communities. We recommend 2 GB RAM for larger communities.

I did a one-click digitalocean installation

I did an installation on normal VPS VULT in the official guide.

I created this topic to find a solution.

This isn’t a Cloudflare issue. It’s broken on your server. Try Stackoverflow or Vultr community.