Cloudflare Tunnel resetting upload after 4 minutes

Hello!

I have a video sharing website that has uploading issues when it’s being accessed through Cloudflare Tunnel.

When directly access I have no issues uploading large files ~5GB. When using tunnel I notice that I get a connection reset exactly at 4 minutes.

Are there any special client request headers I should be including in the multipart POST that would help remedy this? Or is this just an inherent limitation I didn’t notice mentioned somewhere?

To clarify since I can’t figure out how to edit the OP, the multipart upload post usually takes ~10-20 minutes. and it gets a connection reset only when going through cloudflare tunnel at 4 minutes in.

Considering you say the upload usually takes on average 15 minutes, that would suggest you have an upload bandwidth of about 40 mbps.

Here, it surprises me that you wouldn’t run into the upload limitation sooner than four minutes, however it might be that the connection to the proxies is somewhat throttled and hence the upload is slower.

In any case, as mentioned there is an upload limit, which is for free plans 100 megabytes - Default Cache Behavior · Cloudflare Cache (CDN) docs

You should also pay attention to the terms of service, as you might be in violation of them - Service-Specific Terms - Cloudflare

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.