Cloudflare through Siteground 1016 error

Hi, I have a Clouflare account through my host Siteground. I pointed an external domain to Siteground name servers last Wednesday and through a DNS checker website this has all propogated fine, but I am getting the 1016 error when I try to visit my website and a ‘DNS check failed’ message in my host admin area. It looks to me that I need to update the CNAME records, however when I asked a technical expert at Siteground they said everything is fine and I just need to wait for the Cloudflare records to update. This was all transferred over the weekend and I am still getting the error message (see image attached).

Can anyone help with this please? Thanks

I don’t know where that ‘cloudflare-resolve-to’ came from. As you’re using SiteGround for DNS, they have their own way of doing things. I advise against using third party Cloudflare integrations because you don’t have a lot of control over their settings.

If you switch to a regular Cloudflare setup, this is much easier to deal with and we could provide more assistance.

I can’t afford $200/month unfortunately…is there no way this can be sorted through Siteground?

Cloudflare has free plans.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.