Cloudflare Teams - Gateway and Editable IP Addresses

Hi,
I have just started exploring the possibilities of using CloudFlare Teams and in particular Cloudflare Gateway and I notice a feature under the “Teams Enterprise” called “Editable IP Addresses”. https://www.cloudflare.com/en-gb/teams-pricing/ it is mentioned under the Gateway Features at the bottom.

I wondered what this was as I can’t find any information about it in the help files and nothing mentioned in the community posts. Would this give all our users a specific outbound IP address for those using Cloudflare Gateway or is this something else?

Thanks

Andy

Hello Andrew,
Thanks for your question here. Let me address it:

Would this give all our users a specific outbound IP address for those using Cloudflare Gateway?

Editable IP Addresses means that you can edit the IP address while adding a Location on the Gateway configuration. As described in: Configure a Location

IPv4
Gateway uses the public source IPv4 address of your network to identify your location, apply policies and log the DNS requests. When you go through onboarding or in our location tab, the dashboard automatically identifies the public source IP address.

If you are using Gateway’s paid plans, you can manually enter the IP address and netmask of your location. You can find out what public IP address you are using by connecting to the network of the location and then googling “What’s my IP address”.

I am creating an internal request to have the reference to paid plans changed to Enterprise plan, as it is mentioned so in the Cloudflare for Teams | Plans + Pricing page.

Thanks!

Edson | Cloudflare Support

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.