Cloudflare support non existent?

We have only recently move our DNS for our website through cloudflare, however within the last month we have seen 4 separate downtime instances (all only for short periods) the support from cloudflare is non existent, my case has been open for 6 days now without reply. We were hoping to move more services through the platform but at the moment is had more downtime than any other service i’ve used.

I would just like to get to the bottom of whats causing the downtime so it can either be resolved or we move the services elsewhere as its just not capable.

Thanks in advance. #1995603

Hi @itinf,

Support is there, but they are very busy and can take a while to reply, especially if you are on a free plan.

Can you share a bit more about the issues and someone here may be able to help?

1 Like

we are just getting alerts from Cloudflare such as

"Wed, 14 Oct 2020 09:45:56 UTC | DOWN | Pool “myPoolName”
Wed, 14 Oct 2020 09:45:56 UTC | DOWN | Origin mysite.wpengine.com from Pool WPEngine-US | HTTP timeout occurred

This lasts a few minutes and then comes back up again. The backend site is hosted on WPEngine but they aren’t having any issues, the problem lies within CF somewhere…its happening on average once a week.

Thanks

For both the tickets mentioned the response included the following:

While we would like to assist you with your inquiry, for the security and privacy of our users we can only work with the account holder directly, but your email address is not listed as the owner of any Cloudflare account.

Unless a ticket is opened from an account owner or member of the organization we’re not going to be able to respond to the inquiry.

4 Likes

Cloudflare has a monitor running that whoever set it up defined and the success criteria for that monitor failed. In this case it failed because “HTTP timeout occurred”. The logs will provide the account owner more details as to the scope of the alert, but the http timeout did occur when connecting to the origin and cause the monitor to fire.

3 Likes

I created the ticket after this through the portal but am still not getting a response

here are the times of the last 4 timeouts, we have 2 other sites not going through cloudflare at the moment on the same hosting and they don’t go down, we monitor with another external service.

|14/10/2020 10:46|Connection Timeout|0 hrs, 3 mins|
|07/10/2020 09:29|Connection Timeout|0 hrs, 0 mins|
|20/09/2020 21:34|Connection Timeout|0 hrs, 0 mins|
|14/09/2020 14:28|Connection Timeout|0 hrs, 1 mins|

i’ve just found a previous ticket where one of your support representatives suggests it was a cloudflare issue see ticket #1976593 - these outages are the same thing.

any update on this please? happened again at the weekend

ticket #1996376 was logged under this account…please see this ticket and this thread for all the information you need!!!