Cloudflare Subdomains for external server

Hello there.

I have a question regarding Cloudflare subdomains. I’m currently having a project where I have multiple servers to distribute multiple tasks like a own database server, a game server and I want now to have one more server for a documentation server (mkdocs).

And my question here is: How do I create a subdomain (Lets say: docs.hawkline.eu) which points to my documentation server (Example: redacted) without a redirect?

So that I can reach my documentation server with the url: docs.hawkline.eu (Which points to the server: redacted).

FYI: I’m using Apache2 on the documentation server.

Kind regards
Sven | {redacted}

Did I mistake:

Correct sentence:
So that I can reach my documentation server with the url: docs.hawkline.eu (Which points to the server: }{redacted}).

So the question is ports? Ideally you’d configure your webserver to listen on port 443 and install an SSL certificate. Beyond that, on Cloudflare’s edge you could write a worker to do port redirection (or use the app portzilla) or you could install Cloudflare Tunnels in your origin environment and route the traffic to that port.

See also nginx, apache and traefik all of which can be configured to listen for a particular hostname on an origin server.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.