Cloudflare Subdomains for external server

Hello there.

I have a question regarding Cloudflare subdomains. I’m currently having a project where I have multiple servers to distribute multiple tasks like a own database server, a game server and I want now to have one more server for a documentation server (mkdocs).

And my question here is: How do I create a subdomain (Lets say: docs.hawkline.eu) which points to my documentation server (Example: redacted) without a redirect?

So that I can reach my documentation server with the url: docs.hawkline.eu (Which points to the server: redacted).

FYI: I’m using Apache2 on the documentation server.

Kind regards
Sven | {redacted}

Did I mistake:

Correct sentence:
So that I can reach my documentation server with the url: docs.hawkline.eu (Which points to the server: }{redacted}).

So the question is ports? Ideally you’d configure your webserver to listen on port 443 and install an SSL certificate. Beyond that, on Cloudflare’s edge you could write a worker to do port redirection (or use the app portzilla) or you could install Cloudflare Tunnels in your origin environment and route the traffic to that port.

https://developers.cloudflare.com/cloudflare-one/connections/connect-apps/install-and-setup/tunnel-guide/

See also nginx, apache and traefik all of which can be configured to listen for a particular hostname on an origin server.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.