Cloudflare SSL Pending Deployment

I have just started using Cloudflare and have run into an intermittent issue with SSL errors like below:

This site can’t provide a secure connectionwww.buzzcateringsupplies.com uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Unsupported protocol
The client and server don’t support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite.

The Edge certificate however I can see as “Pending Deployment” however not sure if I need to do anything manually to deploy this?

The site currently has an SSL at origin and feel I do no currently need to mess with this. This is intermitent and seems to work on some browsers then stop then start etc. Working browsers show the origin SSL cert however and not a cloudflare one so feel its not properly set my SSL up. Incognoto mode seems to show similar behaviour with site sometimes working then not also so not sure anything cached.

I have followed similar articles and disabled and re-enabled SSL aswell as pausing the site on cloudflare for now (this after a few minutes seemed to clear issue) and will wait 24 hours to see if this turns active before turning back on.

Your site does not point to Cloudflare, so you need to clarify this with your host.

I just changed this back as pausing was taking a while to fix. Does this need to be changed back for SSL to work?

As long as your domain does not point to Cloudflare, Cloudflare’s certificate is not involved.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.