Cloudflare SSL not being passed down with Windows AD

I self host local websites that are externally viewable. This is an issue I have had from day one and I normally disregard it. I have a local Active Directory that has a zone for the domain that I use externally. These records only get hit internally for lets say I set up a webserver and I go and add it to my zone so that it lines up with what domain you would use externally as well as internally (eg IIS01.mydomain.xyz = 10.0.0.50 internally, IIS01.mydomain.xyz = 1.1.1.1 externally) I can when I am not connected to my network access those sites and have full HTTPS capabilities but when I do it internally I get hit with err_cert_authority_invalid unless I import the root cert file that cloudflare provides. Is it possible to completely mitigate that and have HTTPS work as intended? I think it has something to do with the DNS zone I have I am just not sure how else to route my sites internally without it

It sounds like you have a few choices:

1. Import that root cert
  2. Generate Let’s Encrypt certificates
  3. Find a way to use External DNS for those hostnames (I know just about zero about AD).

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.