Cloudflare SSL Error

I have set up Cloudflares Flexible SSL on other sites with no problems but can’t seem to solve what I did to get this error. ERR_SSL_UNRECOGNIZED_NAME_ALERT. From other similar threads, I think it a mixed content error but can’t find what to do to fix it. The site worked for several hours then went down. ?? I poured through as many articles as I could but couldn’t seem to find a solution. Any help would be appreciated.

woodchuckfest.com

Right now, there is no SSL issue but your server simply does not respond -> Community Tip - Fixing Error 522: Connection timed out

The problem however is you dont have a certificate installed on your server. You will first need to do that.

If I am utilizing the Cloudflare SSL, I still need to install it on my server? I guess I missed this step in the Cloudflare tutorial.

I am running the site through Cloudflare to use the free SSL. I had it all set up and running yesterday for a couple hours then something changed and I have been locked out of the site ever since. I tried to disable the Cloudflare and really simple SSL plug ins through FTP but couldn’t regain access to the site through the WP Admin. That’s when the error changed to the 522 instead of the ERR_SSL_UNRECOGNIZED_NAME_ALERT. Somehow I think I have set something up wrong with the DNS. I have 8 other sites that I utilize the flexible SSL through Cloudflare and never had a problem. I am kind of stuck and don’t know what step to do next to regain control.

You do.

Cloudflare does not adress that bit, also because it is not stricty Cloudflare related but belongs to the general server setup.

These should be changed too. Flexible is a bad choice in general. Any site using it is essentially still insecure.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.