Cloudflare Slowing Down My Site

Hello,

I have spent hours and hours the last few days trying to figure out why when I enabled Cloudfare (my Hosting is through Siteground) that my website completely slowed down!! I can’t for the life of me figure out why. I have tried everything. My last gtmetrix was 13seconds for load time! A week ago, I was at 2-3 seconds! Please help!

Thank you!

Leeandra

The slowest part is Time To First Byte (TTFB). That’s the time it takes your server to respond to the request going through Cloudflare. For me, it’s consistently ten seconds.

I see from the headers that there’s a caching mechanism at your site, but it is not caching the main page. I have not tested any other pages. Is there a reason your site doesn’t cache the homepage? Most WordPress caching plugins will do this automatically. That should significantly speed up page delivery.

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 1.36.55 PM

So I was using the SG Optimizer plug in and it has caching. I’m not sure why my homepage isn’t being cached. I just noticed when I disabled SG optimizer, things do get a ton faster but then I don’t have caching or anything on my site correct? Sorry, I’m just trying to understand where to go from here and how to get my homepage cached as well.

Thank you!!

Caching HTML on a dynamic site such as WordPress is risky because it will cache whatever viewer hits it first. So if an Admin gets a special view of that page, the following visitors will as well.

But if you want to give it a try, you can add a Page Rule
Match: https://www.tinystepsandreps.com/
Settings: Cache Level (Everything), Edge Cache TTL (1 day, or whatever you’re comfortable with, depending on frequency of site updates)

1 Like

Okay thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.