Cloudflare site says my domain transferred, but I have not given the authorization yet

I am transferring my .com domain registratiob from Godaddy to Cloudflare. I am very new to Cloudflare.

The status screen shows, the domain has been transferred, but,

  1. I have not given the authorization code to Cloudflare yet.
  2. Cloudflare has not asked for payment of the first year of extension of registration

So what is happening? What is the best way to proceed? Thank you very much for your help!

May I ask have you followed instructions from this article regarding the domain transfer process from GoDaddy to Cloudflare registar?:

Which Status Screen? Does the Overview page for your domain show Cloudflare as being your registrar?

The overview screen says:

"### Domain transfer complete!

Your transfer is complete, however Cloudflare may still be ensuring your nameservers are correct. If you see nameserver instructions below, then you can safely ignore them."

Before proceeding I have questions. For the last 2 days I have tried to read all the available instructions at C. about transfer…

The main (and possibly only service) I need at Cloudflare is domain registration, by paying the one year registration fee. I wish to run my own primary dns server, and I would update the dns records as needed. Currently almost all my dns records are shown at the dns screen correctly. I need to add my primary, and secondary dns servers. And of course I would like to pay for the registration!

I don’t suppose you read ToS 6.1:

I had looked thru the very long agreement like all those… About the simple use of registration only, I had read about in some forum, and one person assured me it was possible to do what I wanted. Possibly his use was different. Thank you pointing out the restricted usage. BTW, I had this domain for possibly more than 20 years, and this is the first time I have seen this restriction at the many registrars I had used. Oh well.

So, it seems I cannot add any external secondary at all even if I use the Cloudflare as the primary. Well, I do try it out that way and see if it would work for usage. So I will have to go and remove my secondaries from GoDaddy, that is possibly what Cloudflare is waiting for.

After that I will report back here… Thank you very much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.