Cloudflare Root Domain IP Doesn't Match

Hi, I am a newbie and I am sure there is the answer to it but I couldn’t find one so far. The website I have is bbbrentacar.com and the root domain in Cloudflare looks like 192.185.199.119. But when I get into my Cpanel shared IP Address tab seems to be 50.116.74.207. And I heard that Cloudflare IP should be aligned with my CPanel. Any advice?

Thank you,

That domain is not using Cloudflare. It is using websitewelcome name servers and hosting on the Unified Layer network.

Sorry, I forgot to mention. I am trying to set up CloudFlare to this website and the IP addresses as I mentioned above don’t match. That’s why I feel like I have to be doing something to fix it.

For Cloudflare to work, the DNS records at dash.cloudflare.com have to completely match the DNS records at your host. If you’re not sure what those look like, you’ll have to ask your host.

My DNS records at the host are 50.116.74.207 and it doesn’t match what can I do to match it, add this to Cloudflare or something?

Right now, your domain resolves to the 192. address and the site is working quite well. HTTPS, and loads fairly fast. So I have no idea why your host’s DNS records are the 50. ones. It really is up to you to figure out which is correct, then Cloudflare can take it from there.

My recommendation, if you’re adding your site to Cloudflare, is to use the 192. addresses, as I know those are what your working site uses. As a side note, your email is also handled by the 192. server. (make sure the ‘mail’ hostname is set to :grey: DNS Only)

1 Like

Thank you so much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.