Cloudflare Registrar and Addon Domain on Hosting

Hello everybody,
I just registered my first domain through Cloudflare Registrar and want to setup the Cloudflare SSL. When I try to add it to my hosting account through the addon domains section, it gives me this message:

Your domain is not yet pointing to our nameservers. Change your nameservers at your domain registrar and wait a few hours.

After this step, the domain would get validated and added to my account. Immediately after that, I would have to change the nameservers back to Cloudflare’s so I can use the SSL.

The problem is I cannot find a way to change the nameservers on the Cloudflare’s dashboard like with all my other registrars (Godaddy, Namesilo and Namecheap).

I already asked my hosting company and they cannot validate the domain without this step.

Please help me understand the process so I can get the website up and running.

The domain name is:

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Are you sure that you gave us the right domain name? That domain name has not been registered in the WHOIS registry and it is still available for purchase at Cloudflare.

You can double-check your account’s audit logs to see if Cloudflare has received your registration for the domain.

Sorry, the domain is:

The short answer is that Cloudflare Registrar only uses Cloudflare name servers. For now.

If it’s cPanel, I’m surprised they have that restriction, as many people here use cPanel. I suspect they deliberately configured it that way.

I’d they won’t cooperate, your only choices are to either wait out the 60 day transfer hold and move your registration elsewhere, or host your site somewhere else right now.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.

I REALLY wished I had known this before trying a new registrar. This is a catch 22 that I never anticipated :frowning:

Is there any chance of making the nameserver change for just 1 day? That’s all I need to get things going.

Many thanks!

1 Like

This is the reply from my hosting when I asked them for a different way to verify the domain:

Alternative domain verification methods are on our wishlist. But until that’s done, you MUST be able to change your domain’s nameservers. If you can’t change the nameservers, you can’t use your domain with your current registrar.

It seems that my only hope is that Cloudflare Registrar let me change the nameserver for a few hours, verify the domain with my hosting and change the nameservers back to Cloudflare.

I really don’t have the option of waiting 60 days to transfer the domain to another registrar. In fact, I my original idea was to move all my domains to Cloudflare Registrar to make things easier in the future.

Is there anyone at Cloudflare Registrar who can give me a hand with this?

Another user found this:

How did you get to that page - I can’t find it on my end.