Cloudflare Railgun does not start with liteSpeed Memcached (LSMCD)

I have a partner account and having issues with Railgun.

I have recently installed LiteSpeed Memcached (LSMCD) with SASL enabled so that users can password-protect their Memcached instance.

LiteSpeed Memcached (LSMCD) is a fork of Memcached. I had to uninstall Memcached to install LiteSpeed Memcached (LSMCD). Then I enabled SASL.

After that, Railgun fails to start, which was expected since it requires Memcached and not LSMCD.

Railgun is throwing the following error:

systemctl status railgun

● railgun.service - LSB: Railgun listener
Loaded: loaded (/etc/rc.d/init.d/railgun; bad; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: protocol) since Wed 2021-04-07 01:57:09 UTC; 24h ago
Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)

I contacted LiteSpeed to find out if they can do anything. But they said, to use Railgun with LSMCD, I need to get support from Clouflare.

Here is what they said:

“If you have enabled SASL with LSMCD, then it requires the use of the binary interface as SASL won’t work with ASCII text (not secure). You would need to configure Railgun to support the binary interface. Check /usr/local/lsmcd/conf/node.conf. If Cached.UseSasl=true is set, then Railgun would need to be configured to support the binary protocol. You’d have to ask Cloudflare about how to do that.”

Would you help me enable Railgun with LSMCD with SASL enabled?

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.