Sometimes a retail web site is blocked at Cloudflare’s ‘Checking your browser’ screen.
The latest problem is with scan.co.uk.
Two attempts today gave errors Ray ID:
(I hope Cloudflare can find these in the logs and tell me what is wrong)
Why I think this is a fault with Cloudflare:
Web site scan.co.uk is working - I can visit it using Edge on my Android phone.
Why this is a problem for me and for retailers:
I do a large number of searches for a product that I have been unable so far to obtain because it is in short supply.
This frustrating problem is ruining my experience and endangering Cloudflare’s reputation no matter what the cause.
Environment and usage:
- Microsoft Edge and Windows Defender on Windows Pro version 20H2 (two separate machines tested today).
- No special security software is in use right now.
- There are several PCs on the same home network going through a single router to Virgin Business Broadband.
- The public IP address does not normally change.
- I am not using a robot of any kind to do large numbers of searches or web crawling etc; I use conventional manually entered addresses or links from manual Google searches.